Job Title: Applications Support Officer
Duty Station: Head Office
Reports to: IT Manager
The Applications Support Officer’s position is responsible for providing support for the Core Banking Applications – Orbit R, Alternate Channels Interfaces and systems operations. She/He will interface with Business in relation to new products set up on core banking application, will be responsible for new branch applications set up, resolution, of all functional issues raised by the business, will work closely with regional reporting team to ensure business reports are available, will ensure that all users are supported and can effectively use the core banking systems and applications for the purpose of their working needs, will work closely with the key functions to understand and meet their needs in support of FINCA Uganda overall business strategy.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Act as first line support for all application issues
- Document all operational procedure and keep the departmental operating instructions updated at all times.
- Maintain a Knowledge base of all known application issues.
- Define and document User Acceptance Test (UAT) case scenarios/ plan for application fixes in liaison with business function and ensure all application changes are change managed.
- Fully Support the business with the application parameters maintenances adhering to the parameterization change process, Calenderer maintenance EOD/ EOM/ EOY/SOD processing
- Amend data anomalies resulting from system malfunction and service requests upon necessary authorization and change management.
- Proactively reporting on the performance of all applications.
- Provide guidance to the business functions in identification of needs and definition of requirements
- Provide support in Project management, Business case development, analysis design staged of system implementations.
- Identify and resolve operational problems
- Trouble shoots and diagnoses problems
- Implement security standards(access controls, segregation of duties, usage and exception monitoring)
- Keep environments up to date with appropriate data, service packs / patches, components and drivers.
- Rolling vendor fixes and local modifications into production through the change management framework. Perform or ensure backups for all applications are done, are reliable and are periodically tested.
- Supports channel administrator on monitoring and supporting alternative delivery channels performance such as BREFT switch and ensure agreed upon uptime is achieved.
- Manages the design, implementation, and communication of business continuance and disaster recovery plans and processes that ensure the security and integrity of company information systems, and technology.
- Conducts risk analysis to identify critical operations and systems that are core to continued business operations in the event of a disruption.
- Organise periodic tests for the DR plans and systems
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Strong technical orientation
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High level of energy, creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm, commitment, self -confidence and initiative
- Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines
- A hard working self-starter with initiative, able to set own priorities
- Contributes to a team, recognizes an promotes the wider corporate a picture
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively takes measures to control or minimize them
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexible to travel 20% of the time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Computer Science or related fields
- Microsoft or related professional certification is ideal
- At least 2 years work experience with technical support environment, including Database administration, core banking applications and other software experience in a Financial/Banking sector
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline: 12th November 2018