FINCA Uganda Ltd., one of the 20 Subsidiaries of FINCA Impact Finance- a global network that provides socially responsible financial services and enables low-income entrepreneurs and small business owners to invest in the future, announces the 2018 Scholarship Awards Program.
Under the Program, ten (10) scholarships will be awarded to students who have completed at least the Advanced level of Education and possess a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE). Priority will be given to children of FINCA Uganda clients. Children of FINCA Uganda employees do not qualify for this scholarship programme.
• Diploma and Degree courses to be pursued at both private and public institutions of learning.
• Scholarships will cover tuition fees only.
• 10 scholarships are available.
Program Guidelines & Priorities:
• Children who have shown consistent academic achievement in their past grades.
• Parents must prove their incapacity to fund their children’s school fees. I.e. applications will be properly analyzed to avoid abuse.
• Only one child per family at any given time qualifies for the scholarship.
• Children must be able to complete their courses within the allowable duration.
• Essentially, only three year courses will be considered for the scholarship (the initial duration of the scholarship fund). However, exceptions will be allowed and handled by the selection/vetting committee. E.g. In cases of any for year courses.
• The scholarship opportunities will be announced nationally in the media and in all FINCA Uganda branches.
• An independent/external committee will vet the applications.
• Applicants should have proof of admission to their respective tertiary institutions of learning.
• Applicants should also produce report cards/result slips and proper identifications as proof of identity.
• School fees will be directly remitted to the beneficiary institutions on a semester/termly basis.
• Only continuing students or those who have been out of school for a maximum period of one year should apply; e.g. due to lack of school fees or illness.
• Parents of the beneficiary students must continue to bank with FINCA for the entire scholarship period.
• It will be the student’s responsibility to submit to FINCA Uganda an invoice for tuition in time.
Application deadline is February 16, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted.
The applications will be independently reviewed and recipients selected by a committee consisting of an external team and the FINCA Uganda Human Resources Department. The scholarships will be awarded in March 2018.
Please download and fill the application form below and after drop it at any FINCA Uganda branch before the deadline mentioned above.