Validity period: 02/08/2019 - 16/08/2019
Duty Station: Head office
Position: Product Innovation Manager
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Monitoring competition’s product initiatives versus FINCA Uganda’s product portfolio, market landscape and assess FINCA Uganda’s Products competitiveness
- Identifying new products and customer engagement opportunities arising internally and externally and proposing to the management team to secure buy-in from key stakeholders for their development
- Working closely with the Business Development Manager to secure funding for products and customer engagement initiatives as well as identifying potential partnerships that could bring FINCA Uganda’s products to scale
- Supporting project creation and relationship management as well as working closely with the Project Manager to ensure quality progress of the project within the stated time and budget
- Driving the products & customer engagement developments to ensure they respond to the customers’ needs
- Supporting change management efforts to ensure scalable and sustainable adoption of products & customer engagement innovations
- Leading and delivering on the targets for the products & customer engagements innovations from concept to successful achievement of pilot targets and handover to “business as usual”
- Leading and ensuring development and testing of customer-centric products & engagement designs based on customer needs and in line with FINCA Uganda’s overall strategy.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in any Business related discipline or in Marketing, Design, Engineering and Architecture
- 5 years’ experience in a Banking/Financial sector, familiar with rural and agricultural finance with 3 years’ experience in New Product Development. 2 successful products having been introduced and scaled in the market.
- At least 1 year experience in project planning and management as added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within fields of finance and community development.