FINCA Uganda, a member of the FINCA Impact Finance global network, is a leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution (MDI) regulated by the Central Bank of Uganda. FINCA Uganda provides responsible financial services to low income men and women who form the backbone of the Ugandan economy. FINCA Uganda, along with 20 other subsidiaries in the FINCA global network, is leveraging the power of technology to put financial resources into the hands of our customers, no matter where they live and work. FINCA Uganda is undergoing a digital transformation and is using Fintech to expand financial inclusion across the country.
FINCA Uganda in partnership with the World Savings and Retail Banking Institute (WSBI)’s “Scale2Save Programme”, is seeking to leverage new technologies to build a new business model geared towards sustainable savings mobilization. Digital innovations such as the development of relevant and responsible mobile-based products delivered via a smartphone, agent or handset, as well as digital field automation and data analytics form the backbone of this model. The innovations also encompass more appropriate savings products accessible on mobile and digitally-enabled financial literacy module(s) deployed over the devices.
FINCA Uganda is therefore seeking for a consultant to Design and Deliver Financial Literacy content leading to concrete behavioral change.
Scope of work:
The principal role of the consultant/firm is to devise content that supports FINCA’s objective. The content should be highly localized, practical, and relevant to FINCA’s customers, with a strong emphasis on outcomes. It should be structured in “bite-sized” increments that convey a coaching approach intended to influence customer behaviors through a dynamic focus on both short- and longer-term achievements.
- To identify and convey relatable savings needs with customers, in their own terms
- To link these needs to concrete savings products provided, presented in practical terms
- To trigger long-lasting change in customer behavior, measured through usage
Qualifications of the Consultants:
- At least 7 years of experience relevant to the ToR (i.e. development of Financial literacy content)
- At least 3 years of experience in developing Financial Health and Literacy content for Banking products, preferably around savings and digital solutions
- Demonstrated experience in working with rural and/ or low-income communities
- Previous work in Uganda or with the FINCA network is an added advantage
- All corporate governance documents plus any relevant documents related to the firm/consultant
All intending and qualifying consultants shall request for the full terms of Reference by mail from the address below or obtain them by clicking here not later than 16th July 2020. The proposals must be submitted in a sealed envelope but separate Technical from Financial to;
The chairperson Procurement Committee
Plot 11 B Acacia Avenue, Kololo,
Submit in a soft copy by email to; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: if you are sending by soft copy, your proposal must be password protected and the password should be sent separately to; Vincent.Ssebudde@fincaug.org
Please submit your proposal not later than close of business on 24th July 2020
You can also Click the link below for the terms of reference
TOR WSBI FINANCIAL LITERACY
Download and fill the documents below